Howard Goldstein

Welcome to my cook book. I hope you find making and creating the recipes as much fun as I had creating this for you. Cooking is not an exact science. Should you modify or change ANY ingredient, I would love to hear from you. Email me at hgoldstein100@gmail.com

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Introduction to my Senior Cookbook on a fixed budget

Greetings fellow seniors.....

This cookbook is dedicated to those of us on a fixed income, and more importantly, those of us who have digestion issues which prevent us from enjoying the rich and expensive dishes prepared in from of our very eyes on the Food Network.

I am sure all of you watch the cooking shows on the Food Network.

The Author, Howard Goldstein, Senior Chef

Who does not enjoy talented chefs like Rachel Ray, Paula Dean, Bobby Flay, Giada De Laurentiis, Jeffrey Zakarian, Guy Fieri, Emeril Lagasse, Sunny Anderson, Sandra Lee, Alton Brown, Anne Burrell, Aaron Sanchez, Bobby Deen, Jaimie Deen, Cat Cora, Ina Garten, Jaimie Oliver, Jeff Corwin, Mario Batali, Mark Dacascos.

These chefs prepare the most elegant tasty dishes money can buy, but who can eat the food on a regular basis?

We, seniors, cope with weight issues, blood pressure issues, sleep deprivation, digestion issues....on and on.

Recently  I watched Rachel Ray prepare Garlic Chicken. It was beautifully done. The only problem for me was that I would be popping Prilosec for 7 days after eating, working the treadmill for 2 hours to work off the calories, and taking stool softeners to rid myself of the delicious food.

My MISSION STATEMENT for this cook book:

1. The most delicious recipes using the most wholesome food money can buy.

2. No recipe will cost over $10 for two people.

3. The preparer and the mate will NOT knowingly need any drugs to aid digestion. 

 

Now to the piece de resistance......the recipes




No comments:

Post a Comment